Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Enough with the Previews: American League

I've had enough of the previews. I definitely won't be doing that again. What about my American League predictions? Angels in the West, Red Sox in the East (although the "Rays" are having an abnormally good Spring Training -- too bad it doesn't count), and the Tigers in the Central division. There seems to be a strong correlation to spending here. Hmm...

For the last place teams, who cares? Oakland, Baltimore, and Minnesota, if you do. That's right. The Royals won't be staying in the cellar this season. I think they might be able to finish as high as third in the division. But, we'll see. That's why you play all 162 games. Sometimes (more often, than not) teams don't perform as expected. On paper, this team or that team may appear to be the clear favorites. Luckily, they don't play on paper. They play on grass and dirt and sometimes that cool turf made of a bunch of frayed pieces of plastic on a bed of ground rubber tires. I for one am extremely anxious for the season to begin.

On a side note, did anyone see Joey Gathright's leap in the Spring Training game the other day? Wow. I read about it first, then found the video. This guy's athletic ability is sick. If you search for his name in YouTube you'll find old videos of him jumping over cars. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.





2 comments:

  1. Baseball has officially started which means spring is here. And since the season has already begun, Baltimore has officially been mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Maybe next year guys, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! "i've never jumped over a human" is going to be my new catch phrase.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and check back later for a reply.