Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just a Few ALCS Thoughts

Last night I had the rare opportunity to watch a full baseball game on TBS. We were watching our friend's son and they have DirectTV, so I pulled up the game on TBS-HD. I would think that FOX's World Series viewership would be higher if the entire country could watch and become invested in both the American and National League teams. Then again, I'm not a television producer, but I am a thinker.

At any rate, I saw last night's Game 4 of the ALCS. I'll say this much, Tampa Bay can play some ball. Going into last night's game I thought that Tim Wakefield might have some trouble. He didn't last very long. Is anyone else enjoying the sight of the mighty Red Sox being humiliated by the Rays, last year's cellar dweller?

Longoria can hit and I wish he was on my team. Upton can swing it to, and I couldn't believe some of the fly balls he tracked down in centerfield last night. I wish he was on my team too. The Rays have some seriously solid starting pitching too.

But, following the game, I was just as worried as I was happy. After all, the Red Sox are still the Red Sox, and now, down 3-1 in the series, they have a day off and three aces in the hole, namely Dice-K, Josh Beckett, and Jon Lester. But the way the Rays are hitting lately (9 runs in Game 2, 9 in Game 3, and 13 last night), the Boston pitchers will need some offensive assistance. They can't win the series if David Ortiz and the Sox's other big hitters continue to stink.

The Rays are one win away from a World Series. They've looked good so far. But I'm sure that the Red Sox aren't going to just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and check back later for a reply.