Thursday, May 15, 2008

Best Baseball Food

Last year Kaufmann Stadium sold tater tots covered in chili and cheese goop. This year the aptly named Chili-Cheese Tots are no longer on the menu, and we're forced to make due with Chili-Cheese Crinkle Fries. Crinkle fries are the soggiest fries known to man. They conjure bad memories of dad throwing some frozen fries and fish sticks on a cookie sheet and baking them to mushy perfection. I'm not a big fan. I guess it proves the point that you can make anything more appetizing when you drown it in chili and cheese.

The price of food at the ball park can also make my mouth water (more often than not, however, the price has the opposite effect). A few times a month, the Royals will host a Buck Night featuring hotdogs, drinks, or peanuts for just a dollar. I'm pretty sure I could eat my weight in hotdogs when they only cost a buck.

Now that the Chili-Cheese Tots aren't an option, my favorite Kauffman Stadium treat is the Frosted Chocolate Malt, complete with double-sided wooden spoon. July and August can be killer months with temperatures in the mid-90's and humidity in the high-90's, and this frozen treat is especially nice when you are stuck to your seat and fresh out of Gold Bond powder.

So, what's your favorite baseball treat? Maybe it's a simple sno-cone. Nothing is sweeter than chasing down a foul ball and returning it to the snack bar in exchange for some crushed ice and blue raspberry syrup. The Babe Ruth field back home sells a mean Chicken Sandwich. The hamburgers aren't bad either. Anyone ever had a Dodger Dog? I hear those are really good. Tell me what you have to eat when you're watching a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and check back later for a reply.