Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Perfect Game Redesigned

There are still some pictures that need to be re-done, but other than that, I think I'm done with this redesign. Obviously the color scheme is different, and hopefully it will be a little easier to read now. I thought about recreating the banner logo, but I've seen it now for so long, that it's kind of become the blog's trademark. It's here to stay. I went to great lengths to hack the HTML codes to provide png functionality for all of you people still using IE 6. If you don't know what that means, I salute you -- you're not a geek. But if you're not already using Firefox, shame on you. Anyway, I am really happy with the results. There may still be a few minor tweaks here and there, but this is TPG (The Perfect Game) 2008.

One thing I changed was the list of links to other blogs. You'll notice that Home Run Derby is gone, because they're mostly garbage geared towards the basest of baseball fans. The Yellow Flag is also gone because, well, it never really got off the ground (maybe next year?). In their places are two superb baseball blogs, specifically focusing on the Royals, but are great reads nonetheless. Ball Star is the Royals blog for the Kansas City Star, the big newspaper in town, and Rany on the Royals provides excellent statistical insight along with great writing. And, unlike many other blogs, the comments are usually good too.

Hopefully TPG will live up to its design. It'd be a shame to have a blog that looks this cool that never has any new content. So far so good for this season, although my production seems somehow tied to the Royals production. Neither has been great the past two weeks.

This blog started out as a way to explain some of the finer points about the Game to casual fans. So, if you have a question you'd like to be addressed in a future post, leave a comment and let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. Oh, and I'm working on the post about how the Yankees are the greatest sports franchise of all time...

Really...

I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and check back later for a reply.