Friday, April 25, 2008

Jump on the Banny-wagon

I've mentioned Brian Bannister on this blog before. This probably won't be the last time I'll mention him either. I'm not the only one impressed with his Maddux-like, cerebral approach to pitching. Rany Jazayerli wrote a great piece today about how the Royals have, well, tanked in the past week and a half. However, he also commented about how solid Bannister continues to look on the mound. And I agree. He wasn't as good as Cliff Lee was last night, then again, no one has ever been as good as Lee has been in three consecutive starts. But, through six innings of work he had allowed one baserunner, which came in the form of a scratch-hit, which probably should have been an error.

I left a comment on Rany's post and introduced the term "Banny-wagon." It's got a nice ring to it, don't you think?

I'm telling you, this kid is good, and I think he's going to be consistently good. Far too many pitchers rely on their arms more than their brains. It's so refreshing to see a guy who knows how to pitch. If the Royals can ever put together some good offensive outings for him, he'll have at least 15 wins this season. If he does, the whole city might want on the Banny-wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and check back later for a reply.